My dad loved doing this, he offered to do another video some time in the future! Yay!
During this part, Joe will be making Pancit Bihon – a very popular Filipino dish. While it’s super easy to make, there’s a lot of chopping involved! The recipe and ingredient list is available below! If you didn’t watch the first one, the Mechado video, check it out here.
Or watch on Gastrofork’s Youtube Channel!
Joe’s Signature Pancit Bihon
1 porkchop, cubed
12-15 pieces of shrimp w/out tail
1 Bokchoy, cut into fine pieces
1 Carrot, chopped
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
Half a bunch of cilantro or to taste, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4-6 whole cloves of garlic
1 pack of Rice Noodles/Vermicelli
1. Chop all your vegetables.
2. In a big pan, boil cubed pork chop in some water until cooked. Drain the water into a bowl and set aside.
3. Fry the pork to ‘brown’ it.
4. Add garlic and brown.
5. Add onions, sauté. Add shrimp and stir until cooked.
6. Add carrots, celery, bok choy and cilantro.
7. Add some of the water in the bowl you set aside to simmer vegetables and meat.
8. Soak vermicelli in hot water for about a minute.
9. Remove vegetables and meat from pan, set aside. Fill the pan almost half way with hot water and add soy sauce to your liking.
10. Add the vermicelli to it and stir until noodles soften. If there’s too much water, drain a bit.
11. Add vegetables and meat into the pan and stir.
12. Decorate! You can use scrambled eggs, green onions and slices of lemons, like Joe did, below.