Here are some tips and tricks to make your Valentine’s day a little more memorable…
1) Flowers can be delivered to the restaurant.
I noticed when I was making reservations on Opentable, they give you the option to have flowers at the table. However it is a tad pricey and not all restaurants have Opentable. So, I suggest going to your local florist and see if they’ll deliver and talk to the restaurant prior to delivery just to give em a heads up. (Looking for a great local florist? Check out Flowerz.)
2) Looking to stay in? Who wants to battle the crowds of other Valentiners anyway? There are fabulous places that deliver (Hello, Urban Thai Bistro!) OR you could spice up pizza delivery with a bottle of wine and some candles. No need to break the bank!
3) If you’re looking for that WOW factor, there is no place more romantic than the Teahouse at Stanley Park. Go a little before sunset and watch the sun dip below the horizon. Romantic location, delicious food and excellent service!
4) Try something new! How about ramen? Ajisen ramen in Parker Place (Richmond) has super cute decorations and
bright pink chairs! Or try delicious French cuisine at Les Faux Bourgeois on Kingsway. They’re always packed and for good reason!
5) Plan ahead. Make reservations ASAP, do not wait until the end of the week or a couple days before!
And remember it isnt how much you spend that creates the wow factor, it truly is the thought you put into it.