1) Teahouse (Stanley Park) – This place is just STUNNING. This is a picture from our wedding last year. I love this venue. You can rent different rooms or the whole entire restaurant. I recommend the conservatory (the room with all the windows) – but you’re looking at about 70 people fitting into that room. The only issue I had when I booked the Teahouse was the lack of a dance floor – but they can put a small one together and we made do with what we got. The service was phenomenal and the food was impeccable. The view especially in the summer time is spectacular and your guests can watch the sun go down across the horizon. So romantic.
2) The Beach House Restaurant (West Van) – Another gorgeous view with an elegant terrace. The only problem is it can only seat 40 guests or 60 guests for a cocktail reception. Nevertheless, what an amazing view!
3) Grouse Mountain – You can’t get any better than looking down on the city. They have rooms that can hold from 20 to almost 800 people! It is a bit of a drive for most people just for a reception, so maybe do both your ceremony and reception there and call it a day?
4) Bridges (Granville Island) – As you can see, we’re on a trend here – I was looking for a great view during my reception search! They seat 150 and 250 for stand-up receptions. Great local and interesting venue. Parking might be an issue though.
5) The Fish House (Stanley Park) – Stanley Park is a great place to get married or host your reception. We were also looking into this place, but to be honest I think what put me off really was the name (am I really going to put “Fish House” on my invitation?). Nevertheless, it is still a fantastic spot!