Anyway, so a dish I do enjoy making because it’s so easy is Broccoli and Beef. I wanted to try and make it more authentic so I went in search for a good recipe. I found this great one on bestrecipesevar.com, but it was a lot of ingredients – mostly ones I didn’t have, so here’s my rendition which turned out perfectly delicious and fine!
1 lb of stir fry beef (I got it already chopped up from Superstore)
1 lb of broccoli (cut into smaller pieces)
6 cloves of garlic – minced
1 teaspoon of grated ginger – I used ginger powder because I don’t have ginger on-hand
half an onion (I had left over red onion so I tossed it in)
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
ground black pepper
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 table spoons of Soy sauce
1 table spoon cornstarch
1) Marinate the beef in a medium bowl and let it stand for at least 10 minutes.
2) Prepare the sauce in a small bowl.
3) Heat a wok or large frying pan, add some cooking oil and add the beef and onions. Cook until the beef is nicely browned.
4) Add garlic and ginger.
5) Pour sauce over the stir fry and cook until the sauce is thickened.
6) Boil the broccoli in a separate pot until it’s a brighter green, drain and add to the stir fry.
7) Serve hot!
As always, let me know what you do to better improve the recipe or leave me some tips in the comment section below! 🙂