Find this and many other recipes in our cookbook, Filipino Cooking Made Easy!
Check out the video here and the recipe below:
1/4 lb pork diced
1/4 lb shrimp, diced (peeled)
1 sweet plato, diced (peeled)
1 potato, diced (peeled)
1 cup cut green beans
1/2 cup celery, julienne
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 can of bamboo shoots
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cube of pork broth
15-20 small lettuce leaves
1/2 cup peanuts, crushed, toasted
1 cup water with 1 cube of chicken broth
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch diluted with 2 tbsp water
3 cloves of garlic, minced
10 lumpia wrappers
1. Boil pork in a little bit of water until the water dries up, use the fat of the pork to sauté garlic and onions (add some oil if it becomes too dry).
2. Add shrimp and sauté till cooked. Then add sweet potato and potato, sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add green beans, shredded cabbage, celery, bamboo.
4. Add pork broth and mix well with veggies. Add 1 tsp salt and mix.
5. Don’t overcook veggies, leave it crunchy.
1. Combine sugar, salt, soy and chicken broth with water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Add corn starch solution, stir until thick. Makes 1 1/2 cup sauce.
Assembly (See video!):
1. Add lettuce leaf in the middle and pile on the filling in the middle of wrapper.
2. Fold wrapper in half and bind with either water or some of the sauce.
3. Pour Sariwa Sauce over top.
4. Put garlic and peanuts on top as garnish.