Find this recipe and many others in our Filipino Cooking Made Easy Cookbook! INGREDIENTS
2 tbsp oil
2 large peppers or 2 medium eggplants, halfed lengthwise
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
3/4lb ground pork
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of pepper
2 tsp Patis (fish sauce)
1/2 cube of Pork broth
Oil for frying
1. Roast the pepper/eggplant on the top of the stove for 3 minutes, turning constantly. (You can also put peppers in a pot and cover with water for 4 minutes. Drain and cool.)
2. Cut the pepper in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds.
3. Saute onions in 2 tbsp oil and garlic until golden brown, then add the ground pork, paris and a pinch of pepper.
4. Cook, stirring for five minutes until meat is cooked.
5. Fill pepper halves/top of eggplant with cooked meat.
6. Slightly beat eggs. Dip the pepper side in egg. Spoon some of the beaten egg over the meat.
7. Heat oil in a skilled, fry pepper/eggplant face down first for about 3 minutes and turn. Fry other side for 2-3 more.