This and other Filipino dishes are available in our Filipino Cooking Made Easy cookbook! INGREDIENTS
3-5 Salmon Filets
2 bunches green onions, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion chopped
1 small ginger, cut into strips
1 head of garlic sliced
1 small red chilli (optional)
Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe:
1 cup water
2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup water
4 tbsp sugar
1 fish/shrimp broth cube
5 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp ketchup
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Sprinkle a little bit of salt, pepper and flour to both sides of the filet.
2. Heat oil for frying.
3. Fry fish until cooked, turning occasionally. Arrange on a dish.
4. Sautee onions and garlic in oil.
5. Add ginger, carrots, celery and fry for a minute.
6. Add green onions last, only for a minute. Turn off heat.
7. You may add fresh chopped chilli for a spicier flavour to the vegetables! Mix veggies thoroughly and arrange on top of fish.
1. In a sauce pot, pour water , vinegar and sugar on medium-high heat.
2. Add fish/shrimp cube and pepper. Dissolve cube.
3. Add cornstarch and water mix.
4. Add ketchup, stir to mix thoroughly. Continue stirring until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over fish and vegetables.