Will is a spatial database scientist for Natural Resources Canada by day and a hungry foodie by night. Always looking for the next great place to try out, he always gives me great suggestions where to try out next (in fact, I noticed some of these are places on my To-Eat list!).
I recently asked Will to share his Top 5 places under $10 with me. Working centrally downtown has influenced his choices -here are his recommendations:
1) The Famous Warehouse- Great and cheap place for pub food in downtown and all their food items are only $4.95! All their burgers are good but I personally recommend mushroom jack burger! AYCE pasta Mondays, AYCE taco Tuesdays for $6.95, and 15 cent wings Wednesdays.
2) Dragon Lord Café- The place I go for HK style café food in Vancouver. Good food and big portions. Check out their lunch specials from $6.95 and dinner specials from $8.50.
3) Enjoy Café 1+1-The place I go for HK style café food in Richmond. They are open late which is a plus. I really like the Club house sandwich that they have there.
4) Dae Ji- It’s a small little Korean joint on Dunsmuir which serve really awesome pork cutlets and the portions are really generous.
5) Viet Sub – Good and cheap place for Vietnamese subs in downtown for under $5. Their pho is under $8. It’s a small place so I usually grab it to go and bring it back to the office.