Left over apples mean Apple Crisp (or Crumble). I have a bag full of apples that we barely made a dent in so I decided to make some.
Here’s the Adjusted recipe (Original recipe is from The Cherry On Top Blog):
6-7 medium sized apples, peeled, cored and sliced (best to use granny smith but I had gala)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp nutmeg (I had none so I didn’t use this)
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, cold
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (You’ll probably want to do this later if you’re still in the process of cutting up your apples).
2. Place the apples in a large bowl and mix all the Topping ingredients with them.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut the butter into the mixture.
4. Spread the apples into a baking pan and add the crumble mixture on the top, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350F.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream for best flavour!