Bruschetta (Serves 3-4)
1 large tomato chopped
1/2 a medium onion chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic diced
1 tbsp olive oil
500g grated cheese or crumbled parmesan (optional – but really good to have on top!)
garlic butter for toast
1. Heat oven to 350F. (You can also use a toaster oven)
2. In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
3. Slice bread and spread garlic butter on top (if you don’t have garlic butter, regular butter or margarine is fine).
4. Add tomato mix and sprinkle cheese on top. I didn’t have cheese so I used a little crumbled parmesan and it came out fine!
5. Cook bruschetta until cheese is melted (5-8 minutes).