1/2 lb medium shrimp, whole
2 cup bean sprouts
1 bean curd cut into strips
1 cup of green onions cut into strips (3″ length)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water with anatto powder
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp Magic Sarap (optional)
Oil for frying.
1. Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl, blend remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly until smooth. Set aside.
1. Add bean sprouts and green onions to batter mix.
2. On a small plate, arrange a bed of bean sprouts batter mix, garnish with green onions, shrimp and bean curd on top.
3. Heat oil for deep frying.
4. Lower carefully into frying pan or deep fryer, frying until crispy on sides.