As you know, there has been a huge typhoon that has swept across the Philippines and is making it’s way towards Vietnam and China. With estimations of over 9 million people affected, this is one of the most devastating storms.
My sister Nathalie and I are trying to raise awareness in our communities and encourage others to donate to charities present in the affected areas.
Here are some:
They have four main charities under their umbrella: CARE, Oxfam, Plan and save the Children Canada. For more information and to donate to their cause, follow the link above.
Global Medic’s Rapid Response Team has already touched down in the Philippines, they are working on bringing clean water to affected areas. For more information and to donate to their cause, follow the link above.
Doctors Without Borders
Emergency teams are on the ground bringing medical care to all those affected. For more information and to donate to their cause, follow the link above.
For your donation, Nathalie and I have come together to offer a couple small items to thank you for helping out the Philippines.
Nathalie is currently making 1” Dog and “BananaCat” Buttons.
There are only 100 made, so get them while you can! Here is how you can receive one:
- Make a donation directly to the charities above or any charity that is helping out with typhoon efforts in the Philippines. If you do not want to donate directly onto the site for any reason, make a cash/cheque donation and deliver it to her at EA Burnaby. Please email her at nat [at] gastrofork.ca for more information.
- Send her a screenshot of proof of your donation: nat [at] gastrofork.ca
- Indicate which dog breed (or banana cat) button you would like.
- The buttons are available for pick up at EA Burnaby. If you require it to be mailed to you, a small postage fee will apply.
I am sending out a digital copy of Filipino Cooking Made Easy.
I am matching Nathalie’s donation of 100, so 100 copies will be given out. Here is how you can receive one:
- Make a donation directly to the charities above or any charity that is helping out with typhoon efforts in the Philippines. **If you are unable to make a donation through these websites or feel uncomfortable, please contact me and we can work something out.
- Send me a screenshot of proof of your donation: dee [at] gastrofork.ca
- You will the receive your digital copy of the cookbook shortly after.
Here is the form to fill out:
Nathalie, myself and everyone at Gastrofork would like to sincerely thank everyone who is helping out during this crisis. Our families in the Philippines are safe, but are concerned with friends who are still missing from the storm.