Mango Salsa Recipe
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2 red onion, chopped into bite sized pieces
2 mangoes (I used ataulfo mangoes), chopped up
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up all vegetables and put into a metal or glass bowl, you can chill the veggies if you want but I skipped it.
2. Cut up the mango – easiest way is to slice either side and then scrape the meat off the seed in the middle.
3. Pro tip: Do not toss the salsa until you’re just about ready to serve – this way it’ll keep it from getting too watery. Squeeze the lime into the mix and add salt and pepper to your liking.
Seared Scallops Recipe
2 scallops per serving (for appetizer), washed, patted dry
pinch of sea salt
1. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper onto each side of the scallop.
2. Heat a pan (preferably non stick) with oil.
3. Place scallops into oil and cook on each side for 2 minutes (if it’s thicker, add an extra minute)
4. Place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil, plate and serve as soon as possible.