- 2/3 cup (58g) old-fashioned rolled oats (make sure your oats are gluten free!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250g) peanut butter at room temperature or cold* (see notes)
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) light brown sugar (see notes)
- 1/2 cup (90g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, toss the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda together. I subtracted the cinnamon for my own palate, and instead put coconut on the top. Up to you entirely. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the peanut butter and brown sugar with a large rubber spatula until combined. Pour in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but that’s ok. This is the part where I sprinkled the coconut onto.
Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.