Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel Gastroforkable for more recipes and fun segments! RECIPE BELOW.
2lb flank steak
2 tbsp calamansi juice or lemon
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 pieces sausage, cooked and sliced diagonally into six pieces
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
100 g of cheddar cheese, cut into strips
3 slices of pork fat (you can substitute with bacon or any pork)
3 cups green olives, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
1 beef broth cube, dissolved in 3 cups of water
1. Marinate beef in lemon/calamansi and soy sauce for 10 minutes. When done, keep marinade.
2. Lay meat flat on chopping board, arrange strip of sausage, hardboiled eggs, porkfat in alternate rows on the longside of the meat. Sprinkle olives overtop.
3. Roll neatly and tie with string. Transfer to a big sauce pan.
4. In sauce pan, use remaining marinade, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chopped onions and garlic and mix.
5. Add the bayleaf and boil for 20 minutes.
6. Keep stirring until sauce is thickened around the meat roll. Keep turning meat roll to cook evenly.
7. Simmer till sauce is thick and meat is tender.
8. Remove beef roll.
9. In a separate frying pan, fry whole roll on medium heat till cooked and let cool.
10. Cut strings, slice and arrange in a big platter. Pour sauce on top and garnish with a sprig of parsley.