Well hello there chocolate enthusiast. You’ve stumbled across to one of the most decadent recipes I’ve ever made. The recipe blends the new Reese peanut butter chocolate spread harmoniously with this crunchy and sweet bar recipe.
These are perfect for big parties or fulfilling your sweet tooth’s craving. Feel free to switch it up – I’d suggest trying caramel on the top in addition to the chocolate topping (I can’t even imagine the flavour explosion that would be!).
Without further ado, here is the recipe for the Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate and Pretzel Squares:
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup Reese peanut butter chocolate spread
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1 cup pretzel twists, chopped coarsely
1/3 cup Reese peanut butter chocolate spread
1/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1/4 cup pretzel twists, chopped coarsely
Caramel sauce (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9 x 13” pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, Reese peanut butter chocolate spread, brown sugar and sugar until combined (light and fluffy).
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Sift flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips and pretzel twists.
7. Spread the dough evenly in the pan and bake for 25 minutes (until golden).
8. In a small bowl, combine Reese spread and chocolate chips. Microwave for 20 seconds and mix until melted.
9. Arrange pretzels over bars (I used 24). Drizzle the chocolate and sprinkle pretzel pieces.
10. Refrigerate to set chocolate. Cut into 24 bars.
Please note that this post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada, paid for monetarily and with product. All opinions are my own.