What I love about the Baron Samedi rum is that it’s so good in cocktails you would normally find rum in, but it’s fantastic as a drink on it’s own. It’s flavours include natural ingredients such as vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon. However, the rum is a nice balance of spice and sweet. It’s absolutely perfect in cola or in a ginger beer. But today, it’s getting a bit festive.
This evening, we created this Black Forest Milkshake that fuses the sweet with the spiciness of the rum.
2 cups Vanilla ice cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 – 2 oz Baron Samedi rum
10-12 cherries, soaked overnight in a glass jar with Baron Samedi rum
5 oz dark chocolate melts
- Soak cherries overnight in a glass jar with Baron Samedi rum (you can skip this step if you want and buy cherries in syrup)
- Either using a microwave or the double boiler method, melt dark chocolate.
- In a blender, blend ice cream, heavy cream, rum and 5-6 of the cherries.
- In your glass, swirl the dark chocolate around the walls of the glass and add to the bottom of the glass.
- Add half of the milkshake.
- Half way, add 4-5 more cherries.
- Add the rest of the milkshake.
- Top with a dollop of whip cream or a scoop of ice cream, drizzle on the left over dark chocolate and leftover cherry.