Waffle. Ice Cream. Sandwiches. These two items on their own are on my list of favourite things to eat, but to smush them both together is just another level of want.
The kind folks at Cuisinart Canada approached me and sent me their Vertical Waffle Maker – how could I say no to an offer like that? Their Vertical Waffle Maker is life changing – no more uneven waffles to be made, gravity makes sure that each waffle is made perfectly!
The waffle maker is a great size and perfect for small spaces (like mine) and super easy to use and clean up. I’ve always wanted one, but it was one of those cases of wanting but never having a chance to committing.
So, besides making myself ten waffles first day I received it – I wanted to come up with a fun way to use it than just your normal breakfast. This recipe is super easy – it’s made for people who don’t have a lot of time or maybe you’re making a whole batch for a party. I’ll have to thank my mom for her ingenius solution to waffle batter later (using Bisquick!).
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Makes 6 waffle sandwiches
3 full sized waffles made and cut into quarters
1L, French Vanilla ice cream (or any ice cream of your choice)
2 cups, melting milk chocolate
1 cup crushed peanuts
1 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. Make your waffles and freeze them for 30 minutes.
2. Take out your ice cream 10-15 minutes before assembling (give less time if its summer and your ice cream is going to melt instantaneously in the heat!)
3. Using a scoop and icing spatula, fill one quarter of the waffle with ice cream – be generous – stack at least 1.5” high.
4. Add one quarter of the waffle to the top. Freeze again for at least 30 minutes.
5. With one waffle sandwich, dip into your rainbow sprinkles and press firmly so they stay on. Put these back into the freezer as well, for at least 30 minutes.
6. While waiting, melt your chocolate in either the microwave or using the double boiler method.
7. Take out the waffle sandwich and dip in the chocolate, then dip in the crushed peanuts on one to two sides.
8. Freeze to set the chocolate and peanuts.
This is so delicious and most likely going to be a staple in my household – especially come summer time!
For more information on Cuisinart Canada, check out their website here: cuisinart.ca
Disclosure: Cuisinart Canada sent me product to review and try.