Now that we’re mid way through summer and Winston is vaccinated and healed up – we can finally start having a bit more fun. Our first venture will be visiting our local water park in a couple weeks time!
The last time I went to a water park was maybe 5-7 years ago and it was a lot easier packing for just myself and my husband. With a kid in tow, its a little more complicated but still very doable.
I’m the type of person who likes to make lists of things I need to bring – mostly because I am forgetful and also like to pack early.
Here is what I’m putting in my bag for the water park!
Please note some are affiliate links and I may get a lil bit of a kick back if you purchase anything through here – thanks in advance!
- Towels – one for each person
- Blankets – to make sitting on the ground more comfortable
- Waterproof Sunscreen – I love thinkbaby’s sunscreen as it works really well and its also water resistant up to 80 minutes.
- Water bottles
- Change of clothes (t-shirt, shorts, shoes)
- A light jacket
- Underwear or Diapers
- UV resistant sun hat
- UV resistant sunglasses
- Swim Wear (Rashguard, swim trunks for Winston)
- Floaties (or snorkel/goggles for older kids)
- Lip balm
- Mosquito Repellant
- A cooler for snacks and beverages
- Sanitizing Wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- A sturdy, pop up tent – use this at the beach, the park, anywhere you might not be able to find shade – it’s perfect and it comes in so many different sizes to accommodate more people! We got this one because it’s perfect for the 3 of us.
- Waterproof Phone Holder -we want to make memories – especially since our first time and although our phones are water resistant, I like the peace of mind in having it completely waterproof.
- Swimsuit for mom! – It’s been years since I’ve had to go swim suit shopping and I didn’t have much time to go elsewhere to find one – this one from Amazon is perfect: it fits true to size, makes you feel snatched in all the right places and I like that they are size inclusive.
- Floaties – Since Winston is yet to take some swim lessons, we bought some swimming floaties to be safe (real question is – do they make them for adults, because I could use some!)
- Swim Diapers
- Large bag with hidden compartments – I originally bought this for travelling, but it’s been a godsend for longer trips away from home (hospital stays, etc). I love that it folds down so small when not in use – I’d use this as a carry on for shorter trips.
- Wet Bag – Of all the things in my repetoire as a mom, I adore having a wet bag – we still use the same one we bought for Winston when he was a wee baby! It has stored onesies when Winston had accidents as a baby, food/drink items that were left over, wet clothes and shoes from the splash park and more recently, has resided inside Winston’s backpack when he goes to school for those rainy days or potty accidents.
What else do you pack in your bag when you head out for a sunny day at the beach or waterpark? Let me know if I’ve missed anything!