4 ounces, good quality dark chocolate (I used Whole Foods’ Organic Dark Chocolate made especially for baking/melting)
1 pound fresh medium to large strawberries, rinse and pat dry (I used organic strawberries that were insanely huge and so sweet)
2 ounces good quality white chocolate (I used Whole Foods’ Organic White Chocolate made for melting)
1) Line a baking sheet with wax paper (my parents had none, so I used foil).
2) In the original recipe it says to melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a sauce pan of barely simmering water and then remove – but this gave me a lot of grief and I ended up using the saucepan with a tiny bit of water and melting it on low.
3) Dredge the strawberry (holding it by the stems) into the chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Put into the fridge for 15 minutes for chocolate to harden.
4) Melt the white chocolate. Use a small zip lock bag and set it in a drinking glass. Open the edges so you can pour the white chocolate into them. Seal the bag, pressing out any air.
5) Remove the strawberries from the fridge and condense them onto a plate or single baking sheet. Snip a tiny corner of the zip lock bag and squeeze gently over the berries.
6) Set the berries back in the fridge and take them out when ready to serve. Enjoy!!