Since the movie is coming out shortly – February 12th, to be exact – I wanted to pay homage to one of my favourite characters (and massive troll). Deadpool loves his Mexican food – specifically chimichangas. I was inspired by this image from a recent comic book:
— MarvelLATAM (@MarvelLATAM) July 21, 2014
With Deadpool about to take a bite out of a chimichanga with some dynamite in it (served, in Deadpool fashion, by himself).
Check out my recent video of how to make these bad boys, along with a surprise at the end of the video!
Here is this recipe:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 can refried beans
1 can tomato sauce
8 (10-inch) tortillas
2 hot dog weiners, cut in half
2 strands of spaghetti, cut in half
4 whole jalapenos
For Garnish (optional):
1. Cook ground beef, add onions and spices.
2. Stir in beans.
3. Add half a cup of tomato sauce.
5. To make the dynamite, stick the spaghetti noodle (uncooked) into the wieners, then cook using the instructions on the packaging.
6. Add some meat to the middle of your tortilla and fold either side. Add the hot dog (or jalapeno) and continue rolling. Secure with toothpicks for frying.
7. In a pan, add oil and heat until warm. Fry both sides of the chimichanga until golden brown.
8. Submit to Deadpool for approval.