When Pulo Cuisine sent us several of their sauces and marinades to try out, we were excited to try them all out and see what we could make rather than sticking to the normal Filipino recipes. The first recipe we put together is super simple – some meat and veggie skewers made with Pulo’s Pineapple Tamarind marinade.
You can check out our video here and the accompanying recipe below!
Pineapple Tamarind Pork and Chicken Skewers
1-2 lbs of meat, cut into cubes (we used 1lb pork and 1lb chicken)
3 large bell peppers, cut into squares (mix it up with different colours)
1 box mushrooms, sliced in half
1 can of diced pineapples
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 container, Pulo Pineapple Tamarind Marinade
salt and pepper to taste
bamboo or metal skewers for grilling (optional)
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper onto your meat.
2. Chop all vegetables to prep for the grill. Drain pineapple chunks.
3. Pour Pulo Pineapple Tamarind Marinade over meat and mix thoroughly. Let stand for at least 20 minutes (ideally, over night if you can)
4. Prepare grill (we used a Foreman grill, so we just had to plug it in and wait for it to preheat).
5. From here you can either put all your veggies and meat onto the skewers (which would be preferable if you are using a real BBQ) or you can grill them without the skewers, it’s really up to you. For optimal grilling, we grilled them without the skewers.
6. Serve with hot rice!